Tuition is due on the first of the month and is non-refundable. Tuition is based off of a 35 week program and can be paid in 9 installments, semi-annually or annually. A discount is offered if you pay annually or semi-annually. We also offer a monthly discount for each sibling registered at the studio.
Payments and Balances
- Payments may be made online, at the office, in our tuition basket, or by mail.
- When making a payment by check, please include the dancer’s first and last name/s in the memo of your check, so we may credit the proper account.
- Do NOT leave cash in the basket. Cash payments must be made in person.
- Returned check fee is $25.00
- You WILL NOT be receiving a statement from our office for your monthly tuition. You may check your account online at any time.
- Any account unpaid after the 5th (fifth) of the month will have late charges assessed for 10% of the total monthly tuition.
- If at any time you would like a printed statement of your account you may request one.
- Overdue Balances Only: A statement will be mailed and/or emailed for amount due with late charges assessed.
- Any student with an overdue balance of more than 60 days will not be allowed into class until payment in full is received or payment arrangements have been made.
- Tuition and Recital accounts must be up to date in order to receive costumes, tights, yearbooks and tickets.
- If for any reason you are unable to continue your classes, you are not obligated to pay for the balance of the school year, however you will be responsible for any balance due.
All communication is sent via email so please keep a current address on file in the office.
In the event of inclement weather TSPA will announce any delays or closings via the following avenues: FaceBook, Twitter, our voicemail, WPXI, our website and via our announcement text option (you must sign up for texting updates). We make every effort to provide that information with an many avenues as possible however if you are ever in doubt please call us before leaving the house! TSPA has one snow day built into our current schedule therefore snow days will only be offered a make-up if we must cancel more than one class.
When possible, please call or email the office to inform us if a student will be missing a class. Students may make up any class missed, in any appropriate class of their choice, at any time within the school year. Credit will not be given for missed classes due to illness, conflicts, or personal vacations, however make-up classes are allowed. Regular attendance is essential for a dancer to show progress in technique. It is also much appreciated by the staff and the rest of the class if all dancers arrive on time. Classes meet every week unless there is a holiday. Please refer to our calendar.
Students are not required to participate but everyone is encouraged to partake in this wonderful performing opportunity. Recital information is released in October and November. All costumes are ordered in December and January.
We request that students wait inside for all rides and pick-up. Please practice extreme caution when going to and from cars and wear proper attire.
While we do not have a color requirement, we do expect all dancers to be dressed appropriately. The proper dress codes must be followed to ensure the safety of the students, as well as to permit the teacher an unobstructed view of the dancer to ensure the techniques are being learned. Please adhere to the following dancewear guidelines. Dancers cannot take class with their hair down and should always have the appropriate foot wear.
- Pre-School Combination Class: any color leotard and tights, ballet skirt/ballet sweater/leg warmers optional, black patent leather tap shoes, and pink leather ballet shoes for girls, black leather ballet shoes for boys (no ballet slippers)
- Ballet: Pink ballet shoes (split sole required for intermediate/advanced dancers)
- Jazz/Gym: any color leotard and tights or biketard, black jazz shoes
- Tap: Leotard and jazz pants or shorts, black tap shoes (buckle or oxford required for intermediate/advanced dancers)
- Jazz/Lyrical: Any color leotard and tights, dance pants, dance shorts optional, Black jazz shoe or foot undeez (please speak with teacher for specific requirement)
- Modern: Any color leotard and tights, dance pants, dance shorts optional, no shoe required, foot undeez permitted
- Gymnastics: Any color leotard and tights, dance pants, dance shorts optional, no shoe required, foot undeez permitted
- Hip Hop: Black jazz shoe for young dancers, flat soled sneaker for intermediate/advanced dancers. Note: Sneakers are not permitted on the dance floors if they have been worn outside. Dance floors can be damaged by rain, snow and salt.
- A special note about dance shoes: Dancers need quality dance shoes that have been manufactured by reputable companies that specialize in dance. Payless style tap shoes have screws that scratch and ruin our floors and the plastic ballet/jazz shoes do not bend with the dancer’s arch making them uncomfortable and unsafe. TSPA is happy to approve your shoes prior to the first day of classes.